I offer a counselling and support service to parents of children and young adults living with SEND.
I offer counselling specifically to parents who live with the challenges that arise at the many developmental stages of childhood and early adulthood and how this might be impacted by experiences of support services, the educational system and society as a whole.
I offer counselling with regard to:
- Loss and enduring grief
- Trauma and post trauma effects
- Isolation and loneliness
- Guilt, shame, anger, resentment
- Feelings of failure
- Feelings of futility and loss of hope
- Fear of the future
- Child on parent aggression
- Impact on relationships
- I bring different elements into sessions where appropriate, introducing clients to different modes of therapeutic counselling and techniques such as mindfulness and CBT.
- I offer emotional support for carers or individuals from a position of knowledge and experience who may be dealing with any of the above emotional issues and well as:
- EHCP issues
- School provision for their child
- Funding issues
- Exclusions (legal and illegal)
- Health issues, benefits and access to medical support
- Support in the community